Callitrichaceae Family (Water Starwort)
- Floating rosettes on long stems during
- Small tufts adhering to soil during
terrestrial phase. Four nutlets with winged margins. Pedicels
elongate to push the seeds underground.
- Vernal pools and other seasonal wetlands.
- Native. Occurs from British Columbia to Baja California.
- Flowering time: February - April.
- May not be the only Callitriche on
Mather Field. Plants with no floating leaves would be C.
hermaphroditica (vernal pools) and those with sessile
fruit would be C. heterophylla (streams).
- Additional images from
- Treatment from Jepson